Welcome – to world-wide, world class research in the development and use of information systems.
That is what we have been offering since 1987, initially at the international consultancy A T Kearney and then as CARIS, the Centre for Applied Research in Information Systems at Kingston University, London.
In 2003, we established a limited company, CARIS Research Ltd, to act as an independent billing and marketing entity for commercial work undertaken by members of CARIS and more widely, of the whole Faculty of Computing, Information Systems and Mathematics.
We also have an international network of associates in New York, Hong Kong, Zürich and Bangkok who provide specialist expertise, both about national practices in their country and in the telecoms and financial services sectors.
Our recent projects fall into four categories:
- Research into software tools and development methodologies
- In-depth surveys of global practices, benchmark achievement levels and trends
- Corporate technology strategies
- Audits and reviews of specific strategic human and ICT systems
In all our work, but especially in technology strategy projects, we take a holistic view of technology, ensuring that it contributes to the objectives of the company in serving its customers, supporting its people and improving its processes.
Integrated Planning - Business, Technology & People
We generally work for leading companies or institutions, for example:
- MTR Corporation Ltd – the world-leading Hong Kong metro railway.
- The UITP (International Union of Public Transport), the main umbrella organisation for urban bus and rail companies world-wide.
- Melcom Group – the largest department store chain in Ghana
- In the UK, we have worked for borough and county councils, health trusts, the police service and the British Navy, Army and Air Force.